Join SASTA today!
The South Australian Science Teachers Association (SASTA) aim is 'to promote and support the teaching of science in schools', and 'to foster the professional development of science teachers'. SASTA's strength lies in its members and in the many highly committed educators who volunteer their time out of school hours to ensure that we continue to serve the needs of all teachers of science.
SASTA has around 500 members and they are drawn from all education sectors, teaching all year levels across the state. SASTA is also fortunate to have a permanent secretariat to ensure the continuing smooth functioning of all aspects of our business.
SASTA membership lasts from 1st January to 31st December annually.
If you have not renewed your membership by 31 December, your membership will expire; however, you can rejoin at any time. Simply login, head to the members' area, then click Manage Membership.
Membership benefits include:
- Discounts to all SASTA Professional Learning and CONASTA (the national science teachers conference) - discount percentage dependent on membership type
- Discounted entry fees for the Oliphant Science Awards
- Recognition of teacher excellence through the SASTA Medal and SASTA Outstanding Teacher Awards
- Monthly e-news
- Four editions of the SASTA newsletter (hard copy)
- Two editions of the SASTA Journal (hard copy - additional subscription of $33/year)
- Four editions of the ASTA Teaching Science Journal
- Notification of student seminars, workshops and exam post-mortems
- Access to members only section of the SASTA website including the SASTA Journal
- FREE member only excursions
- Monthly prize giveaways
- Mentoring opportunities
As a SASTA member, you are automatically a member of the Australian Science Teacher’s Association (ASTA), giving you priority access to:
- National Science Projects and Teacher Awards
- Professional standards for educators of science
- Networking nationally and internationally
Membership Options - new pricing for 2022!
|Joint (Husband /
Wife / De facto)*
|Student||1st Year of Teaching||2nd Year of Teaching||Corporate (School,
Journal subscription is an additional $33/year
*These categories will only receive 1 copy of the SASTA Newsletter.
^ Corporate Members can have up to 20 registered users on their account and discounts for professional learning only apply to those registered users
Fill in the details below to begin the process of creating a SASTA user account, once complete you will be able to join as a SASTA Member entitling you to discounts to SASTA Events and a Members Only Resource area.
Please press the Tab key as you complete each line and NOT the Enter key.